What information is collected, and when?
As Data Controller for Manda Glanfield Counselling, I collect personal data about you in order to fulfill my therapeutic role in relation to you. This can include:
- Information provided by you at enquiry stage, via my website contact form, email or text message.
- Demographic details to help me communicate with you, eg. in order to arrange appointments.
- Records of each therapeutic episode. Information recorded may include details of the assessment, themes of therapy sessions, any treatment interventions and details of any onward referral.
- Records of contact between sessions, eg. by telephone, text message or email.
How is this information collected?
Information is collected in the following formats:
- Contact form on my website
- Appointment booking system on my website
- Text message
- Paper forms completed in person
Why do I collect this information?
This information forms part of your client record and is collected and processed by me for the sole purpose of enabling me to undertake my clinical / therapeutic role in relation to you.
Who is it shared with?
Your information is not shared with any third party, save for the exceptions specified in the therapeutic contract.
How is it stored, and for how long?
- Paper records. These are securely stored in a locked filing cabinet. They are retained for 5 years following termination of therapy, after which they are safely and confidentially destroyed.
- Electronic records. Information received by email, text message or website contact form is transferred onto paper and stored as above. The digital originals are permanently deleted on a monthly basis. Information collected via the online appointment booking system is securely stored and encrypted by 10-to-8.
Complaints, questions, comments and access requests may be addressed to:
Manda Glanfield (Data Controller), 12 Broxholm Road, London SE27 0LZ
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by phone to: 07855 798760
My Information Commissioner’s Office Data Protection Public Register Number is: ZA134006
If you are not happy with the way I use your data, you can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at: www.ico.org.uk or telephone them on: 0303 123 1113.